List of Cities in Livingston County:
The county government operates the jail, maintains rural roads, operates the major local courts, keeps files of deeds and mortgages, maintains vital records, administers public health regulations, and participates with the state in the provision of welfare and other social services. The county board of commissioners controls the budget but has only limited authority to make laws or ordinances. In Michigan, most local government functions — police and fire, building and zoning, tax assessment, street maintenance, etc. — are the responsibility of individual cities and townships.
- Livingston County elected officials
- Prosecuting Attorney: David L. Morse
- Sheriff: Robert J. Bezotte
- County Clerk: Margaret M. Dunleavy
- County Treasurer: Dianne H. Hardy
- Register of Deeds: Sally Reynolds
- Drain Commissioner: Brian Jonckheere
Call me, discuss my fee, and let me assess your case today. You can call me direct on (877) OWI-LAWS or my cell at (248) 752-5663 or you can complete the free online case review and I'll contact you.